Thursday, January 05, 2006

So far behind & such a large behind...

from all the yummy holiday food! Two very bad problems here! Here is an up-date on our holiday travels! (Most likely more than you really want to know...but I'm up for some sharing!)

Our trip to Texas went well. It was very fun and kind of restful. We got to do some fun things, but we really spent a lot of time just hanging about the house, which isn't really like my family. I guess we are all getting old. We did venture out a few times for dinner. We went to the AMAZING San Antonio temple as a family. It was so nice to be there with all of us...minus the kids of course! It was really a great experience. Then, one day we drove to Buda, Texas and went to this really cool sporting goods store called Cabellas. It was awesome. They had all these stuffed animals set up in museum like exhibits. The girls really enjoyed it. They we ate lunch there and then we went to Joels house for a night of games. We got more games then we had time to play, but we did try!

Speaking of what we got...as usual, Santa was good to us. The girls LOVED their Jack-in-the boxes! They still laugh like mad folk everytime the character pops up! You would think after a million times it wouldn't be amusing anymore...but no...I guess that's why that toy is a classic! They also totally enjoyed their box of dress up clothes and wigs. (Well, we all kind of got into the wigs!) Anyway, I have some really cute pictures, and will post them ASAP. Stephen got lots of tools, some clothes, a few movies, several gift cards, and a subscription to the German Liahona. I got more clothes than I know what to do with, and I also got a few books, a new over the range microwave, and a CD player for my kitchen (and other coool nick-nacks)! It was a great Christmas. It was a great week.

My dad got sick in the middle of the week with the stomach flu. Kate got it a few days later...New Years Eve. So our New Years was spent holding a puke bucket under Kate's chin. It was not the most fun New Years, but the poor kid was real sick. About 8:30 PM she jumped up and said, "I feel so much better." and from then on she was better. She did complain about sore legs and back, but I am sure she was sore from all the throwing up!

We left on Sunday the 1st. That night we stoped in LA. It was a rough night for Clair and she tossed and turned in the bed next to me all night. The following morning we got up and started the end of our trip. All was well until we got to the west side of Atlanta, and then I started to feel really sick. I basicly willed myself to not throw up. Once we got home, I brought in two laods of stuff before I started puking and I didn't stop for about 18 hours! Stephen got sick around 10:00 PM and around 2:00 AM Clair came stumbling into our room covered in vomit...head to toe, shaking like a leaf...poor girl! It looked like a puke bomb went off in her bed...it was all over the post of the bed and even on the wall next to her bed. I had to give her a shower, wash her hair three times, wash her clothes, strip her bed, wash all her blankets, clean the bed off, clean the walls, (throw away her pillow) and do all this while making tips to the bathroom so I too could be sick! It was not a fun evening. We put Clair in the bed with us. Luckily she only throw up one more time and then slept like a LOG the rest of the night. However, Stephen & I didn't sleep at all. Up and down, we both took turns trying to get comfortable on the floor, or next to Clair, or all of us in the bed at once. It was a nightmare. When Kate woke up the next morning, she aksed if I was feeling better, and I said no, Daddy is sick now and Clair too. Kate ran into her room and started to cry because she said it was all her fault that we were sick! Poor kid! We told her not to worry that sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Anyway, we are doing better. We are still a litttle sore, and still a little tired, but we are much better. Now to unpack and get this house in order! A womens job is NEVER done! We hope you are all well. We look forward to seeing you all again.

Love you all!

No comments: