Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My What A Big Boy You Have!


TJ is really growing. Yesterday, Jan.3rd, was his 6 month check up. The doctor says he is doing great. In fact he said that we don't have to come back until his 12 month check up (unless he is sick). I was shocked. He said that they don't like to keep bringing the babies back in when they are doing fine, because it only increases the chance of them picking up something from someone else. So we are cool with that. We just hope he doesn't get sick. TJ now weighs 16.5 lbs and is 26.5 inches long. He is so big. After the checkup, he had his shots. He had to have three, two were just regular immunization shots and the third was 1/2 a flu shot, I have to take him back in 6 weeks to get the other 1/2. He was a champ (not like his mom). He only cried with the initial stick and then he was fine. I was so proud of him, I wish I could be that brave. I am getting better though, I mean hey I had an epidural! YEAH, that is a HUGE needle! Okay, so here on the homefront, we have the Smith/Jenkins clan coming in this weekend for a Christmas visit. We are excited, but I am a little stressed. I really want my house to be ship shape when they get here. I started in the kitchen today, and let me just say that between the laundry and TJ, I didn't exactly get EVERYTHING done that I wanted to get done today. Oh, well there is always tomorrow. Well I hate to drag this out forever. I just wanted to touch basis with you guys. Tyler goes in on Monday for his pre-op appointment and then Thursday is his surgery. Thank goodness mom and dad are coming to watch TJ. Please think of Tyler on Thursday and me too, I am really scared and anxious about the whole procedure. We love you all. Take care!

Love,
Maria, Tyler, and the BIG little man TJ

No comments: