Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Katie's Monday Post...on Tuesday..again (1/3)

Well this has been a fun week and weekend. Creighton left work early on Friday and we had our friend Shannon over to watch movies. Though we didn't watch them, we just talked and ate leftover Christmas pies.

Shannon and I went to the Outlet Mall in Gaffney on Saturday. That was her first shopping trip to the mall. We had fun! I was in search of a new black blazer but found (instead) two pairs of pants, two tops, and some other various and sundry items at the GAP. Eeeeeeeeek! Creighton said that he should have reported our card stolen when I was out of sight! LOL!

We also went to Sushi Wasabi for dinner on Saturday night. It's a great sushi place in Downtown Greenville. It's pretty cheap and so yummy! We had a great time.

Saturday night was a rocking good married people's New Year's! When we got home from Sushi Wasabi, Creighton proceeded to play Warcraft and I watched some stuff I had TiVo'ed. Then at about 5 minutes 'til midnight, I broke out the champagne flutes and we had a "sparkling grape juice" toast at midnight. I took pictures, but didn't post them because....let's face it....that's just kind of sad. Really, though, we had a great time just hanging out and being together.

Creighton was sick on Sunday so he slept most of the day. Must have been all the rambunctious partying on Saturday night.

Monday was a very fun day. I got the New Year off to the right start by attending a 9:30 am Step & Sculpt class. I'm pretty sure the instructor was trying to kill me....personally. At one point, I thought, "I can't breathe, I'm light-headed, my face is so red I look like someone just told a dirty joke....I should just put up my step and go home." But I stuck it out and she even ended 5 minutes early. I did not complain.

Then we proceeded to undo all the good I had just done by having "lunch" at IHOP! LOL! I only ate half of the omelet....does it still count if you don't eat all of it? LOL!!!! Later, that day at Sam's, (I've been watching too many movies) I dropped some coin on new tires for the Acura. Boy did it need them! Who knew tires could make such a difference?

Seriously, I'm sooooooooooo back on the WW-train today. So far today I've had 3 points. That's really good considering I had a car battery crisis this morning. UGH!

Speaking of....a very nice young gentleman named Efrae helped me get the car started this morning.

He said, "You have children?"
Me, "Oh no. Not yet. Soon, though we hope."
Then proceeded to ask me "You're single?"
I'm like, "Um, no, I'm married. Are you married?"
Efrae, "Oh no, I single. I been here in America, single, for two year. I think all American women are so beautiful."
Katie, "Wow, yeah, I never thought about that before. I think my friend Jose's sister is really pretty and she is from Spain. But they live near the Mediterranean so they're all tan and stuff all the time. Do you like the beach?"
Efrae, "You are beautiful American woman."
Katie, "Well, thank you. I appreciate that. I think my husband thinks so, too." [Thinking: Did I mention that he could squish your scrawny butt in two seconds?], "Well, thanks for your help? Can I pay you?"
Efrae, "Oh no you don't pay..."
[Shaking hands]
Efrae, "Friends?"
Katie, "Yes. Friends" [Thinking: Please God, don't let him strangle me with the jumper cables and stuff me in the storm drain behind the garage.]

Ok, well, obviously I made it to work. But if you don't hear from me in a couple of days, send a search party and check the storm drain first!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Franklin Fam said...

SCARY!!!