Thursday, December 01, 2005

My latest Holiday Decor!

Happy December! It's the most wonderful time of the year! My house is looking pretty festive and the pride of my holiday decor this year is our Clemson Christmas tree. It is really cool...well, Creighton might not think so! :) Anyway, we have it in the family room in the basement (with the traditional tree upstairs in the living room). It is nice to bring the holiday cheer to the basement. I tried to post pictures but it won't let me, so I sent them to Stephen and he will post them. Let me explain our Clemson tree to you since the pictures don't do it justice! We used our old tree...yes it is kind of sad, but it will do for now...and put on white lights and orange lights (that I got at Halloween). Then I strung purple bead garland around the tree. I used all the Clemson ornaments that I have been collecting for the past couple years and also got some cute little glass blown footballs. I used Stephen's Clemson fleece I made him last year as the tree skirt, and to top off the tree (as recommended by my mom) I used one of Stephen's Clemson caps. KT had a cute idea too, I just don't have time to do it this year...but am seriously considering it for next year...make a skirt out of orange fleece and then put a fuzzy white around it as trim...then make a matching "Santa" hat out of the orange and trim it like the skirt and put that on top! I think that would be cute too, but you all know I have no talent for sewing...but thanks for the idea KT...maybe I'll get all the stuff and just happen to leave it at your house! Then when you return the stuff to me it would be magically finished and ready to use on the tree next year! :) Anyway, I wanted to share. I thought MOST of you would enjoy the pics. Look for Stephen's post with them! Love ya and GO TIGERS!

No comments: