Monday, December 19, 2005

Katie's Monday Post (12/19)

Well it's this past weekend was COLD! Mainly because we lost power on Thursday and didn't get it back until Saturday. We should feel blessed though because our CEO and Branch Manager still don't have power. Creighton's boss just got his back on today and the paralegal at Creighton's office has a tree in her kitchen. Can you imagine?

I'm very excited for Christmas. Since it just occurred to me that it is THIS SUNDAY! I have less than a week to finish buying for Creighton.

On another note, I went out to the site where the bank will be located and let's just say CONTRACTORS DRIVE ME NUTS! Why do they say "it'll be done tomorrow" when what they really mean is "wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which one gets full first!" Plus this ice storm is the best thing to ever happen to them since their new excuse is "we're waiting on Duke Power........". I'm not holding my breath..............

Well, I hope you all are having fun scurrying around getting ready for the holidays and traveling to your various far off and sometimes exotic destinations. I'll miss you all on Sunday. :( I'll be sad because I won't have "a piece of my family" with me.

Thanks to Mom and Dad and Stephen for the wonderful Christmas presents they gave me. They are all wonderful. We are so blessed to have thoughtful family who thinks of our wants (and needs) in gift giving. But you know........nothing beats a button for a gift!

Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you have a wonderful day and remember all that our Savior has done for us, beginning with His birth in the most humble circumstances to the atonement and His death in the most horrible way. He is the way back to our Heavenly Father and for that gift I am most greatful.

Love, Katie

No comments: