Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Challenge

Hello all! Last night I was thinking how much I enjoyed Pres. Hinkley's challenge to read the B of M. I started wishing he would challenge us again. It really got me reading! Then I remembered that one scripture that goes something like, "It is an unwise and slothful servant who must be commanded in all things." So, I thought, why wait for another challenge...JUST DO IT! So, over the next 20 weeks (counting this week) I will be trying to read the entire B of M. (That takes me to the fist week of August, right before the baby is born.) So, the reason I am posting this on the Blog is two fold...one to let everyone know so they can keep me on my toes...kind of like telling people you are on a diet and then eatting non-diet food and someone saying, "Aren't you on a diet." and thus reminding you that double fudge triple layer cake with two large scoops of real vanilla bean ice cream isn't a diet friendly food! (Man that sounds good!) Anyway, and the second reason is to invite any and all to join with me. One of the best parts about Pres. Hinkley's challenge was the fact that I had so many really great conversations about the scriptures with family members since we were all kind of in the same place at the same time. So, if you'd like to join in, great! My dad made a reading schedule and shared it with my family...and it really helped me stay on course. So, if you'd like to join in and would like a schedule, I made one similar to the one my dad made last time. Let me know, I'll e-mail it to you! Who's with me?

No comments: