Friday, October 31, 2008

Clair cracks me up!

I don't know where she gets some of the things she says, but honestly people, I can't make this stuff up!

Tonight on the way home from grabing a little something to eat, she was in the back talking to herself about how much yummy candy she was going to get. For those of you who don't know, Clair REALLY likes candy and sneaks it and hides it and craves candy! Heck she even wants to know what's for dessert after BREAKFAST! So, I know she was excited but then she said the funniest thing! (Clair real sing-songy to herself ) "I'm going to get so much candy. It will be like falling in love!" I about wrecked the car I was laughing so hard!

Then while we were trick or treating one lady took a while to answer the door. No, she really did take a long time. We knocked, then Kate rang the bell, then Bowen rang the bell...it was happening so fast I couldn't stop them! I finally thought, maybe no one is home. Right as we got ready to turn around and leave the door opened and Clair said, with that Clair look of disgust, "You sure took a long time to open the door!" I was mortified! I said, "Clair that isn't very nice!" The lady said, "No, it's true, I was in the back room and it did take me awhile." Still as we walked away I had to tell her some other nice things she could have said like "Good evening!" "Happy Halloween" "How are you doing?" She just looked at me, slightly rolled her eyes (as if to say, no four year old with any dignity says those things) and replied "OK mom, I know! I know!"

That child!

No comments: