Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring Break

Hello Folks! We are all doing "pretty good" as Clair says. Kate is having Spring Break this week. (She doesn't like to call it a break...she says it is vacation.) Yesterday we went with our friends to a dollar movie theater to see "Curious George". When we got there we discovered that Tuesday's are only 50 cents! So for $1.50 all three of us saw a movie. It was really pretty cute, a must see for folks who like animation and cute little stories. I was surprised to recognize several voices...Drew Barrymore and Will Ferell. When we got out of the movie I said, "So, Kate what did you think?" She said, "I LOVED it, can we stay and see it again?" "I asked Clair, "Did you like it Clair?" She said, "No, I didn't. It was scary." It was as far from scary as you get, but if Kate says yes than Clair will say no! (Kate is the same way, if Clair wants OJ for breakfast, then Kate wants apple juice!) They are so crazy. I think it was just too long to be still for Clair. Well, she better get used to it, free (air conditioned) summer movies will be my choice of entertainment this HOT summer! :) Today we will practice writing letters (Kate), practice recognizing shapes (Clair), and make blackberry freezer jam (Kate while Clair naps). We will also finish Kate's library book about parrots. Last visit to the library Clair and I made, Kate requested a TON of animal books. They are long and we have to break up reading them into a couple sessions. However, Kate is now an expert on lions, parrots, and peacocks. When they showed a map of India during conference Kate yelled, "Hey, that is where peacocks are from!" She can tell you what it is called when they put their feathers up, about how they keep their babies warm, how they build nests, what the feathery things on their heads are called, and where they came from. She is so smart and if she is interested in something, she remembers the facts...like her dad! However, it is the parrot book that worries me most, now she wants a bird! I say, "HECK NO" They make huge messes and they live a long time. Anyway, I better go...just wanted to give you the Spring Break up-date.

No comments: