Thursday, April 27, 2006

Crazy Week

Well, it has been a pretty crazy week...and it isn't even over!

We started out Sunday with about two and half hours of some pretty crazy contractions. After drinking a ton of water and staying down on my left side, they just kind of went away! The next morning I was VERY sore and called the doctor. They said to take it easy and to lay down in the mid-morning, afternoon, and mid-evening, and to avoid being on my feet for long periods of time. Well, I'll do it! The last thing I want is to be put on bed rest for the next 4 month! So, I've been following their advice and it really has helped. I can tell Bowen is getting stronger because he is kicking like a wild man every time I lay down!

Kate started ballet this week. She only goes once a week, much to her dislike. She wants to go every night! She really enjoyed it! She also has been looking forward to pre-school for today. They had to dress up as a fairy tale person. She had grand ideas and listed every fairy tale princess she could think of. We settled on the Princess and the Pea. She wore her Halloween costume from two Halloweens ago. It still fits pretty well. Then we took a pea off of the pea-pod costume that Clair wore, for her to carry! She looked cute and was so very excited to show everyone. She said, "Mom, I have stage fright, I just don't think I can do this!" I told her she has never had anything CLOSE to stage fright in her entire life! I think she was just excited.

Clair is totally growing up too! She keeps us smiling and laughing with the things she says! She is really into saying the prayer on the food. She thanks and bless the food, and then she always says, "Bless that Jesus will get fixed." Kate said to her one day, "Why do you bless Jesus to get fixed?" And she responded, "Because He has holes in his hands and feet!" "Well, they won't get better!", says Kate. I think it is cute! At least she paid attention enough to know that about Jesus. She also loves to help cook and she has to work on projects when I am helping Kate with her handwriting or with a workbook. Yesterday she was coloring a picture of Eeyore, from Winnie the Pooh. Kate said, "Eeyore is a donkey!" Clair says, "Eeyore is a HONKEY?" I about feel out of my chair laughing. I called Stephen and a couple other people so she could tell them. She cracks me up!

Bowen is getting big. I know because he has really picked up the kicking and moving around. He really like me to lay on the bed, on my back with my head and shoulders propped up. The girls love to talk to my belly and Clair likes to play peek-a-boo. Kate wants to learn how to spell his name and also draws pictures of him! We got paint for the nursery and they both really want to help! (That would be scary!)

Stephens work hasn't been as bad this week. It kind of seems to go in waves. He is going to Mexico in May and still has lots to do to get ready for that trip. He will be the lead auditor, is working on his certification. That would be a great feather to have in his hat! He had to "work from home" yesterday because the green van is leaking coolant again. He is not happy with the shope in Simpsonville that fixed it last time and he even issued a complaint with Chevy....this is a known flaw on their Ventures and yet they still make them the same way! So, that has been the real damper on his week!We hope you are all well! Love and miss you all!

No comments: