Thursday, May 28, 2009

Biltmore

So there are a lot of things to update on. First, our little family went to the Biltmore a few weeks ago. It was an allllllllll day affair. It was a cool, rainy day and as it turns out.....the perfect kind of weather to tour the Biltmore! Since there is NO A/C! I mean come on! I know they have the money to update that much!

The main floor was great and we pushed the double stroller all around w/out any problems. But when we decided to go up we thought taking the stroller might not be a good idea. Plus we saw that other families had parked their strollers by the elevator so we decided to do that same. We did ok on the 2nd floor but floors 3 - 5. OH! We were just like, "GET IT OVER WITH PLEASE!"

It was amazing to see the decor and how big the rooms were (or weren't if you were up in the servants quarters). I was most in awe of how small the beds were. DUDE! If I'm in anything smaller than a queen I start to get claustrophobic!

So here are a few pics from our trip:

On the way there the boys were watching....ELMO! And Alex tried to hard to stay awake, but he fell asleep with his headphones on. So stinkin' cute!

The view when we first walked up to the house. Kind of ominous with the clouds. Reminded me of Hogwarts. With out the black/invisible pegasus drawn carriages and the wizards and what-not.You can't take pictures inside the house. I'm not sure why. But on the balcony we took quite a few. This was a great place to cool off and let the boys run up and down the porch. They LOVED it and cried when we left.
Clearly, Alex did not want to be in this picture.
I thought this was cute of the boys taking in the view from their height.

Such a little inquisitive mind. I wish I knew what he was thinking!

I'm pretty sure Ben is thinking, "I wonder if I jumped if Alex would come with me!"

We saw this couple getting their wedding pictures taken. It was a yucky day and I hated that she had that beautiful dress on in the rain! But I'm sure the pictures turned out great!

Here are some tulips we saw in the gardens. They were gorgeous! I'm not sure what these are but they were very pretty, too.

No comments: