Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dinner Disaster!

Last night I thought I would make my kids something extra special for dinner. I found these cute pasta shapes with Mickey, Pluto, and Donald. On the back was a homemade mac and cheese recipe. So, I slaved over a hot stove and made a huge batch of homemade mac and cheese. The kids were so excited. Cheers of “It smells so good!” and “When can we eat!” rang in the air. After testing a little bite, I thought it was wonderful. I proudly served up nice big helpings! As soon as the prayer was said, my kids dug in. I was busy in the kitchen when I realized not much eating was going on.

Here is how the conversation went…
Me – “Clair eat your dinner!”
Clair – “I don’t really want it.”
Me – “But Clair mac and cheese is one of your favorites!”
Clair – “Mom this isn’t the right kind of mac and cheese.”
Me – “I know this is different, it is special mac and cheese. I made it special for tonight!
It tastes good I tried it!”
Clair – “Mom, it tastes like vomit in the back of my mouth!”
(I promise this is what she said...I can't make this stuff up people!)
Me – “Clair it tastes GOOD!”
Kate – (with hesitation) “Mom, it isn’t good.”
Me – (with desperation) “Doesn’t anyone like it?”
Bowen – “NODDLES!” (…while eating a big fistful)

So, Bowen was the only one to eat it and Kate & Clair only like that fake cheese stuff! So much for my special meal! :( Hungry kids at the Bright house last night!

No comments: