Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lupron, Baby Aspirin, and shots to the Belly

We had our injection class yesterday. That was fun! Can I just say that in vitro is a Yuppie thing if I've ever seen it! One of the other couples in the class could have been our twins....our skinny twins.

Tomorrow is a big day. Our first day of injections. Creighton has to give me a 10 unit (0.5 mg) shot of Lupron in my belly ("right on the fat pad" as Noreen - our instructor- put it) and 81mg of baby aspirin. (Did I buy the big kid kind? The Bayer "swallow me whole"? No, I bought the "kid chew me up" kind! I need some laughs in this!) So the shots go in my tummy, right on the fat pad. I laughed out loud and said "I got plenty of that!" And we do that for four days, then discontinue my birth control pills but continue the Lupron and baby aspirin. Then on the 10th of June we start anti-biotics for me and Creighton (2x's a day each), 5 units of Lupron in the morning, 2 vials of Repronex in the morning, one vial of Gonal F in the evening, and baby aspirin, and prenatal vitamins, and extra folic acid, and some other junk to lower my Prolactin level since evidently my body wants to produce milk like nobody's business (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolactin#Variance_in_levels for more information)!

Then on the 10th we get re-evaluated on meds, etc. So really this won't be hard b/c I only have nine days to keep track of. Then we get re-eval'd and it will probably change.

Some time around the 18th (but could be as late at the 22nd) we'll start looking at extraction. Outpatient...have to take the day off. No perfume, hair products, deodorant, etc. Even Creighton can't wear any of that stuff. Then about three days later we do transfer, outpatient, no perfume, hair products, deodorant, etc. Even Creighton....we're gonna be stinky!

Then we wait.............................................12 days! This will be the longest two weeks of our lives. Just so you know.

Well....I know no one asked, but there's the update on the next month of our lives. Oh and this is all (fantastically so) right in the middle of the World Cup! Actually it works out well for JCL b/c he'll have two days to sit at home with me and he can just watch soccer! LOL!

Random Thought Transistion: We had a fantabulous visit w/ Stephen and Rosalind and the l'il chicas for Memorial Day. We ate way too much food and the girls we a lot of fun! I enjoyed seeing big ol' Rozzie's belly. That kid is gonna drop right outta her! The girls were a lot of fun. Clair seemed really taken w/ Creighton. I guess they all go through that phase. LOL! We scored a great hotel in Buckhead while we were there. It was the Doubletree and we got it for $50 a night!!!!! Gotta love Priceline.

Well......we're off to Chucktown for the rest of our vacation. We'll be there through Saturday. Hope all is well w/ y'all.....keep in touch.

1 comment:

Bright-Mom said...

KT...you totally crack me up! It is good you are finding humor in this...keep it light girl! You are and will continue to be in our prayers!