Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day

Hope you all had a great Father's Day. We had a pretty good one...except that Clemson lost their baseball game. They can't lose anymore or they will be sent home. :( We were all pretty sad about it. I am hopeful they can rebound and move on. It wasn't the way Stephen wanted his Father's Day to end, I am sure. But he did a good job of letting it go!

We did have a wonderful dinner. Stephen grilled steaks and we had baked sweet pots (with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon) and a tossed mixed greens salad with hard rolls. It was SOOOOO yummy! Clair didn't much care for the sweet pots which is sad considering how much she liked them as a baby. She kept saying, "There is hair in my mouth!" They are a bit fibery! Kate loved it all. She kept saying, "this is the best stake ever dad!" or "This is the best sweet potato ever mom." Then for dessert we had some of my yummy homemade peach ice cream. It was all fantastic! Stephen bought these HUGE steaks, so it looks like we will get to enjoy this meal again as we had left overs! You should see the sweet potato Stephen bought...it was the size of a football! :) Lucky for me he couldn't finish it all! It did take almost two hours to cook! Crazy boy...that's what I get for sending him into store while I waited in the car with girls. I can't complain, he did a great job picking out the steaks...even though they were rather large too!

Hope you all had an enjoyable Fathers Day! Wish we could be there next weekend so we could all be together! Our thoughts will be with you!

No comments: