Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reflections of the postings

Well it's been a long, long, long time since I've been here. Rosalind told us to go to the blog to see the pictures of their trip to ATL. I am so like a child I have to be reminded that there's a blog where I can go and get updates on my children and grandchildren. It's Sunday morning and we have Stake Conference, two sessions and lucky for us (mom and dad) we have the later session 12-2 PM. We get to sleep in a little!!! Anyway, back to the blog, I went there this morning to see the ATL trip only to find other blog entries. WOW, what an update. Thanks for being so diligent in writing to the blog.

The trip to ATL looked like it was a fun trip, I really am glad that you were able to go and have such a fun family trip, I know your trip to Disney World will be even better. You can't buy memories - I am glad that you are making memories for your children.

The boys - well what can I say they are so cute. So fun to watch them try new things. We are so blessed with such beautiful grandchildren. I love to see how much they have grown.

Miss E is so serious....when they were home for Christmas, Maria and I noticed how much she looked like Mimi with her serious side.

Let me say how proud I am that each family has done so well in making these precious memories. I do hope you are recording them somewhere else for your children to read about in the future. These will help them with their own person history.

Life is so short we all saw that when our dear Mimi passed away....she was 83 but we felt she had been taken away long before she passed but even in her last years it was fun to be able to go to see her. She was for me a wonderful "mother" (in-law). She was there for me many times throughout my married life. With the passing of my own mother she became a tower of strength for me while I was finding my way as a married woman. She raised good children one of whom is my husband. This was very evident through the last 6 weeks that she lived.

It was good to see all of the family together in one place....sad isn't it that it takes the death of a loved one to gather everyone together, I wonder why that is? We find the time in death to come together but when we are busy with life we can't seem to find the time to come together. (Well our branch of the tree did come together for Christmas and that was fun.)

We were able to have Papa in our home for a week. It was good for us and for him too. He worked in our yard raking, raking and more raking. He rode the tractor. At one time I went outside to tell Opa that Papa was just sitting on the tractor. Opa was using the blower and not being able to see he hadn't noticed Papa wasn't riding the tractor he was just sitting. The mower had stopped. The engine would run but the gears wouldn't engage. So I helped them get that solved, but Opa said "I can keep up with my grand kids easier then keeping up with daddy". The problem is when Papa getting going on something he gets distracted and goes off and starts something else. Once when Opa told Papa where to use the mower in the front yard, he turned to do something else and when he turn back around Papa was gone, he'd gone to the back yard and was using the mower there. Dad had to go get him and get him back on track. It was fun having him here. And our yard is fully raked and looking good.

I am grateful to each of you for the example that you set for me, for your support of us. I love each of you and pray for you each day.

Thanks again for posting to the blog.

Love, OMA

1 comment:

Bright-Mom said...

WOW Mom...great to see you guys on the BLOG!