Sunday, February 08, 2009

Missing Mimi and Thoughts on Cousins

I hate that the boys didn't really get to know Mimi. She was a wonderful woman who influenced my life more than she will ever know. We did go visit her a few times. Not enough though, that I thought they would have a lasting impression of her or even what her "name" was. I was sad that we didn't go more but life gets in the way, right? It was so sweet and tender at the funeral when he looked into the casket and said, "Mimi?."

One of the good things that came out of this whole ordeal was seeing family. Even though it was under sad circumstances, we were happy to see each other. Our family is full of love. We're not the kind that talk to each other a lot. I hadn't spoken to Callie in a long time before the funeral but when I did call her on the phone to talk about her flight arrangements, it was like we talked yesterday. That's just how we are. We are close, even when we're not. I love my family!

It was great to have Maria here. Elizabeth is such a serious baby but I got her to laugh a little. She was so easy going that you couldn't even tell when her little schedule was disrupted. (Unlike our highly scheduled little dudes!!!) Aunt Maria and E stayed in our playroom so the boys didn't get to spend as much time in there as they normally do. But Aunt Maria was really good about getting them out of their cribs in the morning and taking them into her room and letting them play.

I was able to snap a few pics of the boys and E while they were playing one day. Then on Tuesday, Mom and Dad stopped by on their way home. Rosalind and her kids were here, too. So we had almost all of the cousins together. We were only missing TJ. So I snapped some more pics. The boys love their cousins. I think because they are so good to take care of them (Kate and Clair) and/or close to their age (Bowen and TJ). So here are some of the pics I took. Hope you enjoy!
Everyone "visiting" in our living room.

Kate, Clair and Ben.

Ok, this pic is so funny I had to post it. Clair (much too big for this toy) is riding on one of the boys' push toys. Ben is pushing her. They did it a lot. It was so funny to me!

Elizabeth loves to crinkle the wipes bag. Such an inexpensive toy! Alex, of course, is trying to take it away from her. As he did w/ almost every toy she played with while she was here.

Ben posing w/ Elizabeth. Well, not so much with as near Elizabeth.

2 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

That is what cousins are...friends no matter how much time and space separate you! Our family relationships are a memorial to Mimi's memory!

Bright-Mom said...

I also like the picture of Clair and Ben - the strong boy!