Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Women of this family!

For several weeks I have been thinking about our sweet Mimi! I feel very blessed to have known her and been loved by her. I feel blessed to have been able to learn from her example. Here is a poem I wrote about her and my mother-in-law. I also been very blessed to have married into such a great family! This poem is dedicated to the women who married into the Bright family tree.
Women of This Family

Generations of women who share the same name
Yet we lack one thing in common, our blood is not the same
Through marriage our husbands names we take
Now in this family we claim a stake
As we study each gentle women dear
Many similar traits soon become clear
Women in this family are courageous and true
Women in this family work hard and push through
God is center, no other above Him
Obey all commandments, avoid all sin
Teach your children and love them too
Be supportive and proud of all that they do
Husbands are loved and treated well
With a friendship that through time continues to swell
I am proud to be a small part of this great legacy
And hope to bring honor to my limb of the family tree

Rosalind Call Bright

No comments: