Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Our Fourth!

I hope you all enjoyed the 4th of July! We had a pretty good day!

We actually started the party on Monday night! We invited Duncan and his family over for FHE and the fireworks in Kennesaw. We also invited some firends of our from Church that don't have kids. He had to work until 8:00, so she came over and had dinner and joined us in the FHE with the Hammonds. Then we went and watched fireworks and ate cookies and brownies. Kate kept her ears covered with her hands, but only got upset right at the beginning. They weren't that loud, but now she just lets her imagination get away with her! (Not very rational, but at least she didn't cause a big scene.) Clair did ok...she sat in my lap and would shake if it was a little loud, but once Kate settled down, Clair was fine. They didn't get into the bed until really late that night.

The next morning, 4th of July, I got up early and ran to the store. I had to get a few things for games for the kids for our ward breakfast. (LONG STORY!) Anyway, it was HOT as where the devil lives and we hung around and got all sweaty for about 2 or 3 hours and then went home. I was totally spent so I took a nap, and Stephen slept on the couch while the girls watched a movie. When I got up it was 2:00 and no one had lunch or anything. I made sandwiches and then we put the girls down and Stephen and I watched Germany in a heart wrenching lost to Italy! It was a real heart breaker...but hey, not everyone can win! After the game Stephen painted the ceiling in the nursery and I took down tape. It is really coming together and will look SO cute. (Today I am taping up for the trim work and taping up for the dark blue stripes on the walls.) I can't wait for you to all see it! Then we cooked hot dogs and ate dinner and then we bathed the girls and we all went to bed.

So, that is our 4th in a nutshell. Hope you all enjoyed your 4th. We wish we could have been with family, but there is always next year!

KT, hope you had a wonderful birthday!

No comments: