Sunday, November 08, 2009

Park University's Class of 2009!!!

Gavin, Taylor, and TJ (they were so good!)

Shawn, Elizabeth, and Rebekah
(I may have gone crazy if they hadn't been there!)

Oh yeah! I did it!

Our Family! So proud of Daddy!

The proud graduate (with FULL honors & the Outstanding Graduate)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He did it!!! Yeah!!! We have been celebrating for a few months Tyler's graduation from Park University... he already received his diploma in the mail, so we knew it was the real deal.... BUT to make it even more official he walked in the F.E. Warren AFB on base College(s) graduation. It was great. I was so proud of him. I now know how a parent feels when their child graduates from College, I was so emotional all day. I just kept thinking back to when he (we) started this College journey. He was taking a class through Limestone College (yeah, shout out to Gaffney... what! what!). It was a night class and we had just had TJ. I was a mess, I didn't know how we were going to get through him taking classes and us raising a baby. I will never forget one night he had class and I had Enrichment (or whatever they call it now!) and I went to church with TJ in tow and then we headed over to the satellite campus building to pick up daddy. Tyler still had about 1/2 hour left of class so I got TJ out of the car (I believe it was like already 9pm) and put him in the stroller and went into the empty building (all except for Tyler's class) and pushed TJ around in the stroller and just waited on him. Now I think about that moment and smile, but then it was tough. I didn't think that we could get through it, but we and he did! I am so very proud of Tyler and for his willingness to have me stay home, work a full-time job, go to school, serve at church, be daddy, and hubby. He amazes me. I also want to thank you all for the prayers and encouragement. None of you will know how much we appreciated that. Thanks so much. We love you all! Enjoy the pics of my big, bad, college man!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The processional in!

The "official" handshake from the Vice President of Park University!

Handing out high-fives! Woo-hoo!

Yummy Cake!!

Some of our wonderful friends who came to celebrate with good food!

2 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

Way to go Tyler...we are so proud of you!

Katie said...

WHOOOO HOOOO! Yuz a college grad now!!!