Saturday, October 24, 2009

Spooktacular Time at the Redfearn Halloween Party

Our neighborhood Halloween Party was held today. So it was our trial run with the boys in their costumes. They looked so stinkin' cute. I could hardly stand it. I knew my kids were the cutest ones out there, but doesn't every mother feel that way about their own kids? They were yet another dynamic duo this year, Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story fame. Alex, being the "oldest" was Woody....the one who is the self-appointed leader. Then there's Buzz, and although Ben is really nothing like Buzz, it just seemed appropriate for him to don the spacesuit since he loves airplanes so much......I figure it's not much of a stretch for him to go from planes to the Space Station.......anyone else following this logic?

A guy in our neighborhood puts up a bunch of the blow-up decorations in our common area. He does it for the kids and our kids love them. So here they are in front of the Jack-o-lantern.

We go out in the afternoon sometimes and play, "Race To The....." and they have to race to the blow-up thing that I call out. "Race to the cat," "race to the pumpkin," "race to the skeleton on a motorcycle..........." Yes, you read that correctly!

As part of the festivities, the boys made a foam frame and a neighbor lady took pics. Then she ran into her house and printed them all on great photo paper. We had the frame and the pic before we left. How sweet! So here's one I snapped while she was taking pics, too.

Alex giving me the obligatory "cheese" so he could get back to his cupcake.

Ben looked so precious standing there waiting for us all to finish our cupcakes and "get up!!!" I had to take this shot.

Another activity was "decorating" their own pumpkins. They had all these really cool push in face pieces and each kid could make their own face on a small pumpkin. All of the mouths were gone by the time Ben got around to getting to that box, so his pumpkin is mouth-less. But didn't they turn out super cute?



4 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

They look so cute they could sign autographs at Disney World! :)

Jenna said...

They are absolutely adorable! It's fun that they're old enough to enjoy the fun & festivities this year. :)

Franklin Fam said...

LOVE IT!

The Little Miss said...

oh my gosh so cute as Buzz and WOODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love your blog

If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila