Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever

Last week we went with our friends Manuela and Katharina to a local strawberry field and picked FIVE GALLONS! Well, Bowen didn't pick...he ATE and ATE and ATE! The fun picking was followed by tons of work in the kitchen making jam and freezing strawberries! I made four runs of jam and put up 7 freezer bags of sliced and sugared strawberries. Enjoy photos from the Strawberry patch!
PICK...BITE...DROP INTO BASKET...REPEAT
Clair was VERY picky about what strawberries went into her basket!
Look at that juice stain...it was ALL down his arms too!
A little picnic for the happy strawberry pickers!

1 comment:

Franklin Fam said...

This sure does make me miss being in SC. I don't miss the bugs and humidity, but having the freedom to go and pick GREAT tasting (Bowen you make it look sooooo good) FRESH produce is something they just don't have in WY. We do love our summers here, but I miss my Souf Cackalacky!

Love ya

Maria