Monday, November 28, 2005

List of Gifts???

I don't get that magazine anymore I think I let my subscription run out. So KT if you don't mind post it to the blog page or send it to me in an email.

I hope all of you received my email this morning....I totally forgot about the blog and posting comments there so....I'm slow.

I went to the ENT, Doctor Sklizovic, this morning. He says I have inflammation in the nose, throat and sinus area and has put me on Levaquin antibiotic for 10 days. At the end of the 10 days I am to go back for him to look further into my chronic cough that day says I have. He also thinks that my problem of having a hard time swallowing is from acid reflux. Which is what I had determined it was. Also he told me to take my calcium tablets one 30 minutes after breakfast and one 30 minutes after lunch, he says it acts like an antacid. I am to have a chest X-ray and an esophagus imaging too, on Dec 5.

Dad went to the dermatologist and had several places burned off of his head....None were cancerous. She did it with liquid nitrogen, he's resting 'cause he said it has made his head hurt all that stinging on top of his head.

I enjoyed the picture of the Franklin Family and of the Grandchildren with Frosty and Worm. Those pics were so very cute of course they are saved in my picture file. Thanks!! And I did click on the pics and they do get big.

Well, I have lots to do I am going to try to get some Christmas up around this house. It isn't as much fun knowing you guys won't be seeing it but then as Dad asked....."What am I?" So I need to decorate for him.

Take and I'll look for you guys on the Bright Bits Blog.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Chris Brown and i would like to show you my personal experience with Levaquin.

I am 50 years old. Have been on Levaquin for 5 days now. I think this is a very strong and dangerous drug. While some people may take it with no problems, many people are having severe and debilitating problems which seem to last and last. I do not think this drug should be prescribed for simple infections. There are other safer drugs to try first.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
After 3rd dose, experienced vision distortions - seeing shapes going up the wall, colored spots floating in front of my eyes, spent a night of total sleeplessness. On day 4 noticed a little tightness in my calves. I attributed it to the gardening I was doing. On day 5 woke up with very tight calves. It was painful to walk and very painful to go down stairs. When I got to work I googled side effect of Levaquin and saw all the problems people have had with taking it. I have been off of the medication for three days and still have a great deal of pain in my calves. I have difficulty walking and have had to discontinue any strenuous activity. I have never had a bad reaction to any other antibiotic. I hope these symptons go away soon. My doctor just said he would note "muscle aches" on my chart and said "all antibiotics have some side effects.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Chris Brown

Levaquin Prescription Information