Monday, February 01, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

So, in true SC fashion, we don't get snow, we get ice! The kid were so excited to go out and play! I kept telling them it isn't like snow...it is hard, sharp, and crunchy - you can't build snowmen or snowballs, or make snow ice! It is good for nothing! Well, I was wrong! I finally agreed to let them go out! Our sweet neighbors across the street were out looking for their teenagers. They had sleds and everything. Well, next thing I know Mrs. Laura was taking my kids sledding. She offered me a sled, but after breaking my nose last year sledding, I declined! But she spent the next 45 plus minutes going up and down the icy hill with my kids. Sadly, it wasn't until after I brought Kate in that I thought to get my camera...so I have no photos of Kate! :(
Here is Bowen, Clair and Mrs. Laura! That little sled was flying! My kids LOVED it! (The sled was Mr. Craig's when he was a little boy! They don't make them like that anymore!) Here they are at the bottom of the hill!
Climbing the hill for the hundredth time. Shortly after this Bowen was ready to go in. But not Clair. Finally Stephen had to just say enough! I think she would have let Mrs. Laura sled with her all day!
For repayment I brought Craig and Laura (and Stephen) out some yummy tres leche carmel hot chocolate! Mrs Laura really earned hers! I am so grateful for such sweet neighbors!


No comments: